He has held gigs at several hot spots including, Toronto’s System Soundbar, Waterloo’s Vault Lounge, Paradigm United’s renegade stage at WEMF, Toronto’s YNot Lounge, Kung Fu Lounge & Maxine Lounge in Miami, Toronto’s Chelsea Room, Toronto’s Kool Lounge and many more to come. Aren’s taste in delicious house, trance and finite progressive music coupled his love for seriously groovy sounds let him energize crowds and keep people moving. Through vinyl and CD collections of tune after tune, he enjoys the rush of spinning for any size crowd and passionately seeks quality in his work and its delivery. Thanks to his training as an audio engineer, Aren has the technical know-how and motivation to take on a career in the entertainment/ music industry.
Posts Tagged ‘Funky’
Featuring brilliant exclusive mixes and engaging one-on-one interviews from the world’s top jocks, Vital Radio connects Toronto’s elite with the music they crave.
Beyond his Radio Hosting talents, Endgame spins a unique blend of funky, tech and vocal house, bringing high energy and passion to every one of his live performances.
01. Eric B & Rakim – I Know U Got Soul (Leo Zero Remix)
02. Daft Punk – Around The World (Richard Earnshaw & Mike Scot Re-Edit)
03. Delilah – Love You So (Joe Goddard Remix Edit)
04. Nneka – Shining Star (Joe Goddard Remix)
05. Rogers, EJ, All Gone Tong – Mama, I’m Gonna Sing (All Gone Tong & Rogers Mix)
06. Jesse Voorn, Tom Piper – Pop (Midnite Sleaze Remix)
07. Modaal & Dave Rose – You Got The Fever
08. John De Mark & Roland P – Saxo Stuff (Dany Cohiba Mix)
09. Speedboats & Big Explosions – Dreamer (Lanfree & Marco Molina Remix)
10. Ulisses Nunes & Laera – Zimba (Original Mix)
11. Thorsten Hammer – The Wonderful Life (Original Mix)
12. The XX – Crystalised (Joris Delacroix’s Added Stuff Edit)
Juan Sanchez and The Bullet team up to form “Speedboats and Big Explosions”. These retro cops bring together the funk and the tech to create a sound that is as awesome as their glorious moustaches. Their first single “Hazel Eyes” features the unmistakable vocals of Marcie and is signed to System Recordings in NYC. With the first track under their belt, the duo kept busy in the studio and on the decks.
Inspired by the soulful vocals of Andrew Roachford, SBBE reworked Dr Rubberfunk’s “Trouble Woman” into an energy-charged house bomb, which is featured alongside house superstars Gramophonedzie, Sander Kleinenberg, Fedde Le Grand, Chocolate Puma Remix and Prok & Fitch on the ‘Jalepeno House Vol. 2′ compilation.
Since then, their original tracks ‘In The Cinema’, ‘Bump It’, ‘Strange Justice’ and ‘Porn Stache’ have been released on South American house label Muzik X Press. Their delicious Martini of funk, tech and soul is shaken, not stirred, and is always setting the right mood for the party.
01. Lookback – Sudo (Original Mix)
02. House Republic – Nuggetz (Richard Grey Original Mix)
03. Yolanda Be Cool – Le Bump feat. Crystal Waters
04. Nikola Vujicic – The Devil With The Devil (Original Mix)
05. Crazibiza & Kevin Prise vs Azealia Banks – Reach Out To The 212 (Speedboats & Big Explosions Mashup)
06. NKOTB – Step By Step (Speedboats & Big Explosions Scotch-Powered Remix)
07. Billy Ocean – Carribean Queen (Speedboats & Big Explosions Scotch-Powered Remix)
08. Oliver Twizt – Love Trip (Olav Basoski Remix)
09. CArl Creme – My Lovin’ (Carl Hanaghan Original Mix)
10. Olav Basoski – The Rain (Original Mix)
11. Matt Everson – Chopper (Original Mix)
12. Renoa & Hadrian – La Canadian Funk feat. Effluence (Redubbed)
13. Demoro – Black (Ivan Pica Remix)
14. Speedboats & Big Explosions – Dreamer 2012 feat. Nicole Faye (Original Mix)
15. Manna-Croup – Solid Ground (Original Mix)
Crazibiza is the excitingly ingenious pairing of legendary Hungarian house aficionado Tommyboy and fellow countryman Agebeat.
Combining their individual talents & creative flair for this project, you can expect to hear only the highest caliber house music from these guys as they drum it out good and proper inside the studio and clubside too.
And really, who can argue? They’ve got 5 tracks in the Beatport house chart right now! Crazibiza’s 2011 achievements include tracks & remixes appearing on Ministry of Sound, Hed Kandi, Space Ibiza & Pacha Ibiza compilations to name just a few. Remixing requests are also coming full throttle, their skills the desired requisite for artists including Axwell, Joey Negro, Akon, Ron Carroll, and Spencer & Hill amongst others.
This Vital Radio set features Crazibiza live from Matrix nightclub in Croatia. Disco house at its finest!
The demand for a tracklist was huge for this set – so we pieced one together as best as we could!
1. Crazibiza – Keep It Comin
2. Crazibiza – Take Control
3. DJ Dan – House All Night (Crazibiza Remix)
4. DJ PP – House Of Love vs Marco Poggioli & Matteo Gariselli – Iris (Manuel De La Mare Space Mix) ?
5. WaWa feat. Fabal – Sombrita (David Herrero Ole Remix)
6. Mike Newman & The Viron – Lady (Crazibiza Remix)
7. Sean Finn – Show Me Love 2k12 (Crazibiza Remix)
8. ID – ID vs Empire Of The Sun – Walking On A Dream (Acappella)
9. Crazibiza – Everybody (SaNGioDj Unreleased Vocal Mix)
10. Lookback – Sudo (Crazibiza Remix)
11. Dave Aude feat. Isha Coco – Something For The Weekend (Crazibiza Remix)
12. Avicii & Sebastien Drums – My Feelings For You (Angger Dimas Bambu Remix) vs Phoenix – If I Ever Feel Better (Acappella)
13. (?) Florian Kruse & Nils Nurnberg – Lovers N’ Fighters (DJ Madskillz Remix) vs Masters At Work – Work (Acappella)
14. Crazibiza – Hard vs Moby – Go (Acappella)
15. (?) Crazibiza – My Lips
16. ID – ID vs Chocolate Puma & Bingo Players – Touch Me (Acappella)
17. Oliver $ – Doin Ya Thang vs Michael Jackson – Beat It (Acappella)
David Amo and Julio Navas are one of the most well known DJ/producer teams, within the Electronic Music genre. As owners and head managers of successful label Fresco Records, they have also pulled through big projects with artists such as John Acquaviva and D-Nox & Beckers, as well as remixes for David Guetta, Tocadisco, Robbie Rivera, Trentemoller, Lissat & Voltaxx, Jesus Luz & Fragma, Tomcraft, Marco V and many, many more.
Amo + Navas’ uncountable sets have been throughout the world’s main clubs and festivals, including Creamfields, Rock in Rio (Madrid), Sunrise Festival (Poland), Moots Fest (Mexico), Fineplay (Japan) and Kaballah (Brasil). The duo have also been headhunted by the most important clubs on the white island: Amnesia Ibiza, Space Ibiza and Privilege, proving their skills, as always, to the most demanding audiences. During 2010 Ibiza season they performed on three exlusive dates in one of the emblematic parties on the island People from Ibiza.
01. Tom Novy, Strobe & Danny Freakazoid – Underground People (D-Nox & Beckers Remix)
02. Luigi Rocca & DJ Lion – Krakra Hurricane
03. Jay Lumen & Sinisa Tamamovic – Double Tap
04. John Acquaviva, David Amo, Julio Navas – Floripa
05. Lets Get Dynamic (Aaizu Yazoo Rework)
06. Juan Ddd – Techno Shark
07. Mario Ochoa – The Rooster
08. D-Unity – Subterraneo (DJ Tonio Remix)
09. DJ Wady – Uganda (DJ Smilk Remix)
10. DJ PP – Rub Rub
11. Norman Doray – Kalifornia (David Tort Remix)
Disfunktion is a true dj-producer duo. They started spinning tunes together as best friends on different parties across the country. Slowly but surely they found a love for producing their own tracks as well.
After getting their first track signed to Olav Basoski’s Rootz Records in 2007 they were well on their way to start a massive catalog full of bangin’ house tunes. Their addiction to house music led to a diverse and evergrowing discography.
Their releases found their way to massive labels like PinkStar, Spinnin’ Records, Doorn Records and Sneakerz Muzik, and they’re here to keep the energy high inside the Vital Radio guestmix.
1. Intro / Dinka – On the Beach
2. Inpetto – Hit Back
3. Kings of Tomorrow – Finally (East & Young Remix)
4. Pryda – Juletider (Original Mix)
5. Robyn – Never Will Be Mine (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
6. Disfunktion – Chasing Clouds Away
7. Hardwell vs. Axwell – The World Together (Mashpotatoez & O´li Geir Bootleg)
8. JCA – Only Tonight (Disfunktion Remix)
9. Swedish House Mafia – Save The World (Disfunktion Remix Mashup)
10. Adam K ft. Jelo – Room Mates
11. Sebastien Krieg & Jerome Isma-Ae – 959
Techno and House are both common place on his dance floor, carefully woven together in a fusion unique to Hal. He knows that it is essential to create an exotic and intoxicating blend of rhythms that defies the gravity of closed minds.
DJ Hals energy, and elation inducing turntable antics, are already spreading across Europe and America, and threatening to encompass the world. For it is his ability to mesmerise with his musical invasion of the senses, that is proving irresistible wherever he lands.
Unleashing a mind-blowing, hip-shaking, blend of techno funk and acid house, he is inspirational and somewhat sexy, whilst everything is stirred with a healthy dose of soul. He is a man on a mission, an Earth Odyssey with the sole intention to make you dance. You are advised to catch him if you can !
Hal has played at Festivals (Glastonbury, EXIT, Dance Valley) Clubs (The End, Space, Heaven, K4, Movida etc ..) Events (Basics, Spectrum, Carl Cox & Friends) and is resident at STEALTH
01 Intro – 6th Borough Project – Delusions Of Grandeur
02 Dave Nash – Keep It Up – Flaming Souls Remix – Ready Mix Records
03 Maetrik – Caught Between – Cocoon
04 DJ Hal – Monkey Magic – white
05 Tomoki Tamura – Frustration – From P60 Remix – Tronic Soundz
06 Joe Morris – Wired For Sound – Baker Street Recordings
07 DJ Hell – Electronic Germany – DJ Glen Remix – Embassy Of Music
08 Paneoh & Maetrik – Follow – Bedrock
09 Rebel Crew – Biala Con Mig – DJ Hal Remix – white
10 Wehbba – Dirty Pictures – 100% Pure
11 DJ Hal – Saving Dave – Alan Barratt Remix – Fierce Animals
12 Nelski – Dancing – Rising Music
13 Nice 7 – Gray Piano – Tiger Stripes Paradise Mix – Great Stuff
Juan Sanchez and The Bullet team up to form “Speedboats and Big Explosions”. These retro cops bring together the funk and the tech to create a sound that is as awesome as their glorious moustaches.
Their first single “Hazel Eyes” features the unmistakable vocals of Marcie and is signed to System Recordings in NYC. With the first track under their belt, the duo has been keeping busy in the studio and on the decks.
Inspired by the soulful vocals of Andrew Roachford, SBBE reworked Dr Rubberfunk’s “Trouble Woman” into an energy-charged house bomb, due out soon on Jalepeno Records.
Their delicious Martini of funk, tech and soul is shaken, not stirred, and is always setting the right mood for the party.
After a 13 year break, the guys returned with groundbreaking new albums from Obviously High and The Moog, and EPs from Kukoo Wasp, DJ Ups and Thundermental.
A refreshing mixture of nu-skool, progressive breaks, old-skool, deep house, and prog house. In June 2006, WXM Music relocated to Toronto, Canada and evolved into Liquid Stairs.
The boys showed up to the Liquid Stairs and Vital Radio boatcruise afterparty and showed Toronto what funky house really means.
1. Aaron Perez – Sinister Subconscious (Hott 22 Remix)
2. Groove Armada – Paper Romance (Wagon Cookin Remix)
3. Plump DJs – The Rub Off
4. Goggzee Vs K-Boy Zee – Dreams are Made of
5. Richard Grey – Thriller (Richard Grey Remix)
6. Diego Noble – Ride The Light
7. Gusto – Disco’s Revenge (Freemasons Club Mix)
8. Shakedown – At Night (Kid Creme Club Mix)
9. Krafty Kuts – Tell Me How You Feel (Young Punx Remix)
10. Emjae – Sweatbox
I was going to save this for tomorrow’s Tuesday Tunes posting but it’s too good to wait. Check out this super laid back set of funky/deep house tunes courtesy of Milton Jackson.
You’ve gotta love this one of a kind mix. In case you didnt already know:
Milton Jackson (aka Barry Christie) Released his first EP aged 19 on Solemusic’s Tronicsole imprint. Known for his dark, almost techno influenced deep house music. Milton Jackson tends to fuse straight driving beats with eclectic, techy production styles. His first and so far only long player, ‘The Bionic Boy’ was received well by critics and the house fraternity and it spawned the Pepe Bradock influenced ‘Sunlight’.
After having mainly appeared on Glasgow labels such as Solemusic and Glasgow Underground, 2006 sees Milton spread his wings with EPs due out on Freerange, Silver Network, Urbantorque and Luke Sardello’s Icon Recordings. He has also recorded under a variety of pseudonyms, even venturing into the down-tempo domain as Napoleon Solo. His Bear Trax imprint released Mylo’s first vinyl release when the pair recorded as ‘The Pretty Boys’.