Vital Radio 133 – Hour 2: Edwin OosterwalDj Endgame | Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 | No Comments »
From Holland’s thriving electronic music scene, yet another promising artist steps into the limelight. After being involved in a number of groundbreaking projects, dj/producer Edwin Oosterwal is taking things to the next level. With a critically acclaimed solo-début on his own Rejected imprint and gigs in some of Europe’s leading clubs, an international breakthrough is inevitable.
Edwin started dj-ing in the East of Holland, where he was studying to be an engineer and first met his friend and future musical patner in crime Joris Voorn. Mixing all types of music for tough crowds, Edwin soon mastered the craft of dance floor wizardry. Deejaying remained a passion in those days, only to become the main focus in later years. Edwin’s engineering endeavours brought him to all corners of the world, picking up different musical influences along the way. His years in Sydney broadened and deepened his take on electronic music. Living in NYC helped further develop Edwin’s historical perception.
1. Kerri Chandler, Jerome Sydenham – Rising The Sun
2. Chris Lattner – One Is Not Enough
3. Martyn, Mike Slott – All Nights
4. Chris Carrier – Street Machine
5. Rick Wilhite – Playcism (Mike Huckaby Reconstruction)
6. Kerri Chandler – Heaven (Kerri’s 6:23 Again Mix)
7. Anthony Shakir – The Floorfiller (Skudge’s Floorkiller Version)
8. Oleg Paliakov – Stellar
9. Mark Fanciulli – Tide
10. Marco Carola – The Method
11. Joris Voorn – UnTITLED Dub Vol. 1
12. Nic Fanciulli – Together
13. Anthony Shakir – Travellers (MRSK Remix)
14. Deep Space Orchestra – Last Exit – A.R.T.