Archive for October, 2010
Laidback Luke grew up in The Netherlands and made his name as a graffiti artist before turning to making music. He has worked with artists such as David Guetta, Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso and Junior Sanchez and played throughout Europe and North America as well as shows in Japan and Ibiza. He has released two studio albums: Psyched Up (1998) and Electronic Satisfaction (2002) as well as a successful mix album, Windmill Skill (2003). In 2003, van Scheppingen did a remix of the Daft Punk song “Crescendolls” for the duo’s remix album Daft Club. Luke has also released his own mix album, titled Ibiza Closing Party, as a free covermount CD in the October 2008 issue of Mixmag.
Luke is legendary, and has one of the most impressive discographies in house music. This week’s Tuesday tunes is the one and only Laidback Luke!
01. Alan Made – Show You How
02. ID [well-known]
03. Audiobot – Noize, Bass & Disco (Original Mix)
04. Zombies For Money – Kolkata (Sticky Version)
07. John Dahlback – Pyramid (Dirty South Remix)
08. Alex van Alff vs Errol Reid – I Never Knew Love (Olav Basoski Remix)
10. Dan Castro – Eastern Ensemble (Original or Remix) ???
12. Olav Basoski & DJ Erick E – Don’t Turn Your Back (Sander van Doorn Remix)
13. Pryda – Niton (Original Mix)
15. ID [!!!]
16. Swedish House Mafia – One (Original Mix) w/ Digital Lab – Venga (Sandro Silva Remix) w/ Carte Blanche – Gare Du Nord
21. D.E.R. & Julius Beat – Our Feeling (KhoMha Remix)
He’s been a dance music icon since his first album “Movin’ Melodies” hit in 1999. Even if you’re laughing at this post now, in the trendy year of 2010, I guarantee that when you hear the 10 iconic notes of the melody in 9PM (Till I Come) [lol - you just counted on your fingers!] you know who the producer is. We’re talking, of course, about the legendary ATB.
“Dance”, André Tanneberger’s first single as Sequential One, was finally released in February 1993 and this was followed by other, Techno-oriented releases. André was slowly setting up his own little studio.
André, however, did not make his real breakthrough until “9 PM (Till I Come)”, which was released under the name ATB on Kontor Records. This explosive mix of lively dance beats and the unique, characteristic ATB guitar became a massive hit throughout the world. André also entered all important international charts with his follow-up singles “Don’t Stop” and “Killer”, a cover of the Adamski classic, and the success of the three hits inspired him to record his first album “Movin’ Melodies”. André, however, has had a great deal of success not only as a producer but also as a remixer, making tracks by artists such as Moby, William Orbit and A-HA fit for the dance floor..
Here are a few of my favourite ATB tracks from the past 10 years.
“Frayed” is the second in my megamix series. (The first was “The Missing Ace” – if you haven’t checked it!)
Quick-mixed, and fast paced, this mix takes you across an assortment of house and progressive sounds.
Mixed in-time and in-key, this one’s full of enough mashups to keep you guessing. (40 tracks in 61 minutes!). This mix was originally featured on Silk Royal Showcase on Proton Radio.
1. Luis Junior – BG (Richie G remix)
2. Tim Berg – Bromance (Avicii’s Arena Mix)
3. Sebastien Drums & Avicii – My Feelings for You (Original Mix)
4. Nick Bridges – Underneath My Skin feat Amanda Wilson (Original Mix)
5. Rubicon 7 – Wonder (Chase Costello Mix)
6. Seamus Haji – Just a Friend (Club Mix)
7. Lena Meyer Landrut – Satellite (Inpetto Remix)
8. Helvetic Nerds – Salto (Original DrumBeat Mix)
9. Pirupa & Pigi – Sweet Devil (Original Mix)
10. Luomo – Tessio (Stimming Remix)
11. Sandy Vee Feat Robin S – Straight To The Sky (Nicky Romero Remix)
12. Shiloh – Run Away (Original Mix) (teaser)
13. Sander Kleinenberg – This Is Our Night (Sultan and Ned Shepard Remix)
14. Belocca, Midnite Sleaze – Body To This (Prok & Fitch Floorplay Mix)
15. Bass Kleph – Keyboard Cat (Original Mix)
16. Ali Payami feat ADL – Freaky (Original Mix)
17. Fedde Le Grand ft Mr V – Back & Forth (Fedde’s Future Funk Remix)
18. Wippenberg – Pong (Extended Mix)
19. Mark Knight & Funkagenda – Man with the Red Face (Original Club Mix)
20. Sandy Rivera – Dirty Sax (Original Mix)
22. The Real Booty Babes – Played-A-Live (Sunloverz Vs Michael Mind Club)
23. Nalin & Kane – Beachball (Joris Voorn Remix) vs Crazibiza – Spinning Around (Tommyboy Remix) (Dj Endgame Mashup)
24. Squeeeze – Doop (Manuel De La Mare Remix)
25. Mark Knight – Devil Walking (Original Club Mix)
26. Jean Claude Ades – I Begin to Wonder 2008 (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix)
27. Hook N Sling & Adam K – Working King’s Cross (Original Mix)
28. Interactive – Who Is Elvis 2010 (David Amo & Julio Navas Remix)
29. Steve Watt feat Jean-Philippe – Give It Up
30. Menini, Viani – The Revolution feat Terri B (Original Mix)
31. John Dahlback – Bingo (Extended Mix)
32. The One Hundred – Break Me Down (Dean Rigg Remix)
33. Mark Knight & Wolfgang Gartner – Conscindo (Original Club Mix)
34. Laidback Luke feat Jonathan Mendelsohn – Till Tonight (Original Mix)
35. Swedish House Mafia – One (Extended Version)
36. Mark Knight – Sax (Original Club Mix)
37. Simon Baker – The Trick (Original Mix)
38. Morgan Page – Fight For You (Sultan and Ned Shepard Remix) vs Shiloh – Run Away (Ryan Mullin Remix) (Dj Endgame Mashup)
39. Dtolio – Take Another Step (Randay Remix)
40. AN21 vs Max Vangeli – Swedish Beauty Goes On (Gregori Klosman Bootleg)
Marking a new dawn in British progressive / progressive-trance, his precision-built, evocative electronic soundscapes have fast found the ears of many of the scene’s leading lights. Prog maestros like Sasha, Nick Warren & Dave Seaman are ardent supporters, as are forward-thinking trance legionnaires like Ferry Corsten and Gareth Emery.
No less a talent behind a pair of turntables, he has become the warm up man-of-choice for some of the biggest names one the scene. In the last 3 months of 2009 alone he has supported Calvin Harris and Paul Oakenfold on their respective UK tours. He’s Ad Brown and in 2010 he’s going to be an impossible-to-miss presence.
1. Andrew Bayer – The Taxi Driver (Jaytech Remix)
2. JES – Closer (Loverush UK Remix)
3. Ad Brown Ft Renne Six – Something For The Pain (Original Mix)
4. G-Tek – Infinito (Dapple Apple Remix)
5. Maxi Valvona – Lost In Vagueness (Soundprank’s Coastal Mix)
6. Ad Brown & Matt Lange ft Kerry Leva – As The Rain Falls (Intercoastal Mix)
7. Ad Brown – Marimba (Urban Breathe Mix)
8. ID: ID
9. PROFF – Abandoned Dream (Original Mix)
Akermanis entered the dance music scene in summer 2009 with his chart-topping remix of James Nelson’s Relax, which was in high rotation on XM Radio and Music Choice. In 2010, David made several appearances in the Beatport Progressive House Top 100, receiving support from heavyweights like Andy Moor, Matt Darey and Kenneth Thomas.
David also hosts Progressive Aggressive, a monthly podcast and radio show that showcases his own brand of melodic dance music. Frequently including exclusive material from other up-and-coming progressive artists, his radio show has become a must listen for progressive lovers across the globe.
01. Nadia Ali – Fantasy (Morgan Page Remix)
02. EDX feat. Tamra Keenan – Out of The Rain (Extended Mix)
03. Tone Depth & Vivie-Ann feat. Michelle Narine – Taking Time (Marcelo CIC Remix)
04. Andrea Martini feat. Jason Mc Riod – Eternity (Original Mix)
05. Kaskade – Fire In Your New Shoes feat. Martina of Dragonette (Sultan & Ned Shepard Electric Daisy Remix)
06. Kaskade & Seamus Haji feat Haley – So Far Away (Kaskade Mix)
07. Sultan – GStringz (Original Mix)
08. Mr. Sam, Andy Duguid, Amanda Wilson – Satisfaction Guaranteed feat. Amanda Wilson (Original Mix)
09. Tim Berg – Bromance (The Love You Seek) (Avicii’s Extended Vocal Mix)
10. Dido – Everything To Lose (ATFC Remix)
Deon Butler is a success story in his “iEMPIRE,” taking a radio show from the nineties and bringing it to the 21st century. Kaeno / Kaenow (Deon Butler) began his musical journey at the age of 13, and began melding vinyl beats not long after. After graduating from high school, he attended Florida International University, where he first started his career as a radio DJ. His first show aired in 1999 called The Vanishing Point, encompassing the EDM genres popular at the time: Progressive, Trance, House and Tribal.
After finishing his residency at Zanzibar, Kaeno graced the decks at some of South Florida’s most legendary clubs and festival. The Vanishing Point went online with iTUNES three years ago, creating an enhanced Podcast for download. Recently, TVP reached 50,000 downloads, making Kaeno’s show one of the most listened to and downloaded EDM shows in the U.S.A and across the world.
01. Activa – The One You Need
02. John Askew vs. Lange – Vandalism In The Sky (Indecent Noise’s Boycott Mashup)
03. Ronald Van Gelderen – Semper Fi (John O’Callaghan Remix)
04. Hammer & Bennett – Language (Phynn Remix)
05. Robbert Ladiges – Samurai
06. Gareth Emery Feat Lucy Saunders – Sanctuary (Sean Tyas Remix)
07. Neal Scarborough – Kanya
08. Jorn van Deynhoven & Manuel Le Saux – Nardo (Manuel Le Saux Mix)
09. Solarstone – Touchstone (Aly & Fila Rmx)
11. Ernesto vs Bastian – Hyper Globe (Original Mix)
13. Hectik Rivero – The Knob (Kaeno & Denzo Remix)
A fresh mix here on the Vital Radio resident mix.
I’ll kick if off with some more “Indie” sounding remixes and bootlegs, transition through some techy-influenced house tracks, and then finish off with the Dj Endgame vocal house sound.
Hope you enjoy it, and as always, I’d love to hear what you think of the show on Twitter (@djendgame)
1. The Green Children – Dragons (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
2. Florence & The Machine – Cosmic Love (Morgan Page Bootleg Remix)
3. Miami Horror – Moon Theory (Sam La More Remix)
4. Austin Leeds Feat. Gina Martina – Holiday (Original Mix)
5. Wolfgang Gartner & Mark Knight – Conscindo (Original Club Mix)
6. Jared Dietch and Mitch LJ ft Polina – Limit is The Sky (Original Mix)
7. Todd Terry & Prok & Fitch – Something’s Going On (Original Mix)
8. Bob Sinclair – New New New 2k9 (Avicii Remix Edit)
9. Tim Berg – Bromance (The Love You Seek) (Extended Vocal Mix)
10. Francesco Diaz, Young Rebels – No Fate (David Costa Remix)
Henry Cullen (aka D.A.V.E. the Drummer) has become a name that is now synonymous with techno all over the world. A long standing member of the infamous London based free party crew The Stay Up Forever Collective, run by the Liberator DJs, and a regular recording artist on many of the collectives labels, he has proved to be very important influence on the global techno scene over the last ten years
Djing and playing live, and always using the latest technology, he has taken his unique sound to many different countries, such as: South Africa, Brazil, Japan, Australia, U.S.A., France, Belgium, Spain, Bosnia, Croatia, Venezuela, Canada. who have all enjoyed D.A.V.E’s exhilarating live shows and seriously funky DJ sets.
Right now Henry Cullen A+R’s and runs his record label Hydraulix and Hydraulix 909 the digital label.
His exclusive mix for Vital Radio is so chalked full of exclusive and unreleased tracks, that we can’t offer it up for download, but you CAN listen live, on demand over at our Mugasha Page
1. Jim Masters & Tom Laws – Quark (Unreleased Remix)
2. Tom Laws and Henry Cullen – Alien Pornography
3. Factory Rythmn, Tom Laws and Henry Cullen – DJ Loop Track
4. Tom Laws and Henry Cullen – Voices
5. Ed Mackie – Save It
6. Dave The Drummer and Tony Montana – Freak 4 Me
7. Henry Cullen and Pattrix – Souvenir
8. Tom Laws and Henry Cullen – Voodoo People
9. Tom Laws and Henry Cullen – Cocaine Cowboys
10. Tom Laws and Henry Cullen – Rapid Wire
11. Tom Laws and Henry Cullen – Gutted
12. Dave the Drummer – Soul Freakz