Tuesday Tunes: Milton JacksonDavid Akermanis | Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 | 1 Comment »
Milton Jackson (aka Barry Christie) Released his first EP aged 19 on Solemusic’s Tronicsole imprint. Known for his dark, almost techno influenced deep house music. Milton Jackson tends to fuse straight driving beats with eclectic, techy production styles. His first and so far only long player, ‘The Bionic Boy’ was received well by critics and the house fraternity and it spawned the Pepe Bradock influenced ‘Sunlight’.
After having mainly appeared on Glasgow labels such as Solemusic and Glasgow Underground, 2006 sees Milton spread his wings with EPs due out on Freerange, Silver Network, Urbantorque and Luke Sardello’s Icon Recordings. He has also recorded under a variety of pseudonyms, even venturing into the down-tempo domain as Napoleon Solo. His Bear Trax imprint released Mylo’s first vinyl release when the pair recorded as ‘The Pretty Boys’.
Enjoy this delightfully laid back, but deep/dark mix! I know I did.
01. Langenberg – Jalousie [Liebe]
02. Baaz – Get It [Eklo]
03. Chopstick, Johnjon feat. Fritz Kalkbrenner – Keep On Keepin’ On [Suol]
04. Sascha Dive – Jus Groove (Chez Damier Alternate Mix) [Tsuba]
05. Slok – Paris Feeling [Electronic Petz]
06. Pol_On – I Need [Freerange]
07. Trentemoller – La Champagne [Naked Music]
08. Jaffa Surfa – Feel It (Dub) [Off]
09. Christian Burkhart – Tres [Oslo]
10. Anonym – Geile Muziek (Makam Mix) [SushiTech]
11. YoFunk – Marmot [Dark Energy]